Tuesday 7 March 2017

Murray Streaks To First Dubai Title

Murray Streaks (लकीर) To First Dubai Title

Andy Murray wasted no time in securing (सुरक्षित) his 45th tour-level crown(मुकुट)  on Saturday, dominating the final of the Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships over Fernando Verdasco. Murray extended his ruthless(क्रूर) run in ATP World Tour 500 events with a 6-3, 6-2 victory in just one hour and 13 minutes. The World No. 1, who claimed his first title of the season, has now lifted trophies in four straight 500-level events entered, posting a 19-0 record. 
The Scot improved to an impressive 13-1 in his FedEx ATP Head2Head series against Verdasco, having won eight straight encounters since a fourth-round defeat (हार) at the Australian Open in 2009. Murray takes home $523,330 in prize money and 500 Emirates ATP Rankings points.
Murray's 500-Level March
Year Tournament Result Final Opponent
2017 Dubai Won Title d. Verdasco
2016
Vienna Won Title d. Tsonga
2016
Beijing Won Title
d. Dimitrov
2016
London/Queen's Club
Won Title
d. Raonic
"It's nice to win and I played much better as the match went on," said Murray. "I started a little bit slow, but I was solid. I wasn't afraid to attack his forehand side. He's got one of the best forehands, but I tried to move him around the court as much as I could.
"I defended pretty well and moved well. I served a lot better as the match went on. It was obviously good to win the first tournament here.

No comments:

Post a Comment