Wednesday 8 February 2017

BENGALURU GIRL PASSIONATE ABOUT DRAWING WINS AWARD FROM GOOGLE

BENGALURU GIRL PASSIONATE ABOUT DRAWING WINS AWARD FROM GOOGLE Nikita Gadura created a poster for Safer Internet Day that won her the award, which included a Tablet and a certificate. The campaign was launched to spread(फैलाना)  awareness on cyber crime .The five students from India who won the Google award. Nikita is at extreme (अत्यन्त) left and her doodle is at
right. It is not every day that you get an award from Google. Out of five students from India that bagged an award on the Safer Internet Day, Bengaluru girl Nikita Gadura was one. Web Rangers (लोग) Initiative(पहल) , a competition that was held by Google to make the youth of the country aware of cyber crimes that take place across the globe, gave out the awards to the winners on Tuesday, February 7. Bengaluru girl Nikita Gadura created a poster that won her the award, which included a Tablet and a certificate. “I never imagined that I would win the competition(प्रतियोगिता) . I just participated without any expectation and I am happy and excited to get an award from Google,” said Nikita, 13. This was the second edition of Web Rangers and there were thousand plus entries from all across the world, out of which there were five Indians who bagged awards. There were entries in the categories of Poster illustration, Project and Campaign.

According to Nikita, her illustration(उदाहरण)  was a doodle where she had drawn a hand that signifies the fact that it is time to raise our hands against cyber crime. “The topic was safer internet and I wanted to put forward the thought that people deserve(लायक)  a healthy internet. So I had drawn a hand that emphasises the need to raise a hand against cyber crime.”

She had no idea that such a competition existed(अस्तित्व में) , before Google sent invites to her school along with other reputed ones in Bengaluru as well as other cities. “I did not know much about this competition, but when the invite of the competition reached my school, I decided to participate. Later, I found out that this was the second edition of the competition,” Nikita said. The award ceremony was unnerving (हतोत्साहित) for Nikita as she had never received an award outside the city before. The awards were given in Delhi. “This is the first time I am receiving an award outside Bengaluru and I was extremely nervous. But later on, I made a few friends there,” Nikita said. There were IT professionals who were present in the award ceremony and one of them handed the award to her.

Out of all the other categories in the contest, Nikita decided to go for the poster because of her passion for drawing. “I love drawing and sketching and hence I decided to make a poster for the contest,” she said. Along with Nikita, her father was also elated over the award.

“The news was unexpected. It goes without saying that I am elated, but this came as a real surprise,” said Nitin Gadura,

Nikit a’s father. There were two winners from India for the poster illustration category and two from the project catego ry but a solitary winner for the campaign from India.

No comments:

Post a Comment