Monday 28 November 2016

Tupkari’s book talks of life’s struggles

NAGPUR: "I have been through a lot of ups and downs in the last 80 years and I have seen many personal revolutions in my life," said Ramchandra Harisa Tupkari, the first chairman of Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology (VNIT). Tupkari was speaking at the launch of his autobiography 'Life By Design' at Saraswat Mangal Karyalaya, Bajaj Nagar. "One of the biggest revolutions in my life was
when I decided to study in the BHU even though I came form a small village. Later, I got scholarships for studying in foreign universities Many of my classmates decided to stay there but I had to come back," he said.
Elaborating on his decision carry on as a professor, Tupkari said that when he was a professor, he realized the state of the university will remain the same and the graph will never improve, no matter what he did. However, a wise man, Laxmanrao Inamdar guided him and he decided to stay at university.
"Another big change in my life was the time when I decided to be the director of Tarun Bharat, where I spent 4 years," he said.
Tupkari further added, "Whatever I have wanted to say I've written in my words in the book."
A P Patil, a former student of Tupkari who is also a professor at VNIT, expressed his gratitude and affection for his mentor. "Tupkari is a multi faceted personality- and I'm lucky to be his student. He is admired for his knowledge, teaching skills, command over English language and oratory skills. He is always positive and in command of a situation. He is also a ferocious reader and loves to write," Patil said
"He has written three technical books. He is a perfectionist and an open minded man," he added.
Tupkari also presented a copy of the book to CM Devendra Fadnavis, who was present at launch .
Senior journalist Suresh Dwadashiwar, VNIT principal Bhaskar Bhanddakar, Tupkari's wife Madhuri Tupkari and Ravindra Deshpande were also present at the book launch.

No comments:

Post a Comment