Wednesday 23 November 2016

Agni-I successfully test fired from Odisha Coast

Agni-I successfully test fired from Odisha Coast . The Strategic Forces of Command (SFC) of the armed force successfully test-fired Agni-I missile. The missile was test fired at at 10.08 a.m. on 22 November 2016 from launch pad-4 of the Integrated Test Range (ITR) at Abdul Kalam Island (Wheeler Island) Odisha coast. The missile took 10 minutes to reach its targeted destination in Bay of
Bengal.Agni-I is a surface-to-surface medium-range ballistic missile [MRBM] . The strike range of Agni-I is 700-750 km. The 12 tonne and 15 meter long missile is capable of carrying payload of about 1000 kg.
iii. Its weapon system is powered by both solid and liquid propellant, and can travel at a speed of 2.5 km per second. Agni-I was first test-fired in 1991 while the last test was conducted on 14 March 2016.
iv. Agni-I has been developed by Advanced Systems Laboratory [ASL], a missile development lab of the DRDO in collaboration with the Defence Research Development Laboratory [DRDL], Research Centre Imarat [RCI] and integrated by Bharat Dynamics Limited, Hyderabad.

No comments:

Post a Comment