Thursday 18 August 2016

Jalgaon girl bags top honours at IIT-Bombay


Nashik: Sukanya Vijaysingh Patil from Jalgaon bagged two gold medals and a silver medal for her outstanding achievements in Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Bombay, at the convocation ceremony on Saturday. Sukanya, who comes from a farming background, bagged the Institutional gold medal for outstanding performance by IIT-Bombay along with Sharad Maloo Memorial Gold Medal for scoring good
in academics while also excelling in extracurricular activities. She bagged the silver medal for ranking first in electrical engineering subject. Sukanya has done her schooling from RR Vidyalay where she scored 93%. Later, she went on to join Garware College, Pune, where she scored 88% in science stream. Thereafter, she appeared for the IIT Joint Entrance Exam and stood 272 to finally opt for electrical engineering at IIT-Bombay.
"Needless to say, I dedicate this achievement to my family members who guided me all the time," Sukanya said, adding that the schooling in my mother tongue helped me get my basics right and then it was just like building blocks on top of the other.
"I thank my parents for never breathing down my neck to study and pick up a particular career," she said.
Her father Vijaysingh Patil is a mechanical engineer by profession and employed in a private firm. Her mother is a teacher. Her younger brother Ankit is also pursuing his studies at IIT-Bombay. "He too was the student of the same school and later took admission in Sir Parshurambhau (SP) College, Pune. He too will come out with flying colours like Sukanya," Vijaysingh said.

No comments:

Post a Comment