Friday 1 July 2016

India Post opens ‘My Stamp' scheme for individuals and corporate


India Post in June 2016 opened up the ongoing scheme of customized printing of ‘My Stamp’ for individuals and corporate also. Under the scheme an individual or a corporate entity can get their photo or logo printed inside the postage stamp at a price of 12 lakh rupees. As per reports, this time there will be 5000 sheets comprising 60000 postage stamps. These stamps can be used for general postal mail.
The plan to go ahead with the scheme of ‘My Stamp’ was reached on specific demands of several like Western Union, SNDT Women's University, Allahabad High Court and others.
Earlier, India Post only allowed printing of photo or design next to postage stamp on a 300 rupees ‘My Stamp’ sheet.
So far the department has issued customised My Stamp for e-commerce platform Amazon India, Hindustan Aeronautics Limited.
My Stamp has helped India Post to receive two crore rupees in fiscal 2016-17. Total revenue from My Stamp fiscal in 2015-16 was of 2.83 crore rupees.
My Stamp scheme
• It is the brand name for personalized sheets of Postage Stamps of India Post.
• The personalization is achieved by printing a thumb nail photograph of the customer images and logos alongside the selected Commemorative Postage Stamp.
• It was first introduced in India during the World Philatelic Exhibition, ‘INDIPEX-2011’.
• The scheme is available in selected Philatelic Bureaux and counters /Important Post offices/Post Offices situated at tourist places.

No comments:

Post a Comment